Ebc Trek X Island Peak is a perfect combination to start scaling peak in short interval of time.
Island Peak also known as Imja Tse, is a mountain in the Himalayas of eastern Nepal. The peak was named Island Peak in 1951 by Eric Shipton's party since it appears as an island in a sea of ice when viewed from Dingboche. The peak was later renamed in 1983 to Imja Tse but Island Peak remains the popular choice. The peak is actually an extension of the ridge coming down off the south end of Lhotse Shar.
Island Peak trek spans of around 16 days. The trip begins after landing in Lukla airport. Spending couple of nights in Namche Bazaar the climbers acquaint gradually before actually climbing the Island Peak. It takes four to five days to reach the Base camp of Island Peak. Here in the base camp climbers have to familiarize themself with the climatic condition before actually pushing themself to the summit. The ascent to the top starts off with along a ridge where climbers use foot traction device popularly known as crampons along with a rope to elevate upwards. The way across the glacier is easy with occasional fractures in them. After reaching the top, exquisite view of Lhotse Shar, Makalu, Baruntse and Ama Damblam is seen. This peak was first ascended by Tenzing Norgay who was a part of British Team preparing for the Everest Triumph.
After reaching the summit, you descend via main Everest Trail to Lukla Airport.
1. Arrival & Departure: Airport - Hotel transfers – Airport (Pick Up and Drop).
2. Hotel Accommodation In Kathmandu: 4 nights hotel in Kathmandu on bed & breakfast Basis-Twin Bed Room.
3. Welcome Dinner: One Welcome Dinner in tourist standard restaurant in Kathmandu with Office’s Staffs.
4. Permit: Royalty and permit of Nepal Mountaineering Association (NMA) to climb Island Peak, Sagarmatha National park & TIMS permit, conservation entry permit & fee.
5. Garbage Management: Garbage Deposit fees.
6. Insurance: Medical & Emergency rescue Insurance for all involved Nepalese staffs during the trek and climbing.
7. Map: Trekking and climbing map.
8. Member transportation:
o Air Transportation: (Domestic Flight) Fly from Kathmandu – Lukla and while returning Lukla - Kathmandu, as per itinerary.
9. Climbing Stuffs Transportation: Necessary all equipment Transportation for all Members and Staffs From Kathmandu to Lukla (by air cargo) and to Base camp (by Porters / Yak) – While returning: Base camp to Lukla (by porters / Yak) and Lukla to Kathmandu (by air cargo).
10.Member Luggage: Up to 15 Kg per member for personal baggage during the trek carrying by porter or Yak.
11.Food and Lodging: Food 3 meals a day (BDL; including tea and coffee) along with accessible accommodation at Hotel/Lodge/Tea house/Camp during the trek and EBC. Well-managed Labuche high camp set up for member & Staffs.
12.Porter: Porters (2 members : 1 Porter) up to Base camp and High camp from Lukla & Porters return from Base camp to Lukla.
13.Base camp service: Necessary cooking gas, cooking pot , Table chair , Dining ,Kitchen , Toilet tent and twin sharing Yak Mountain or Kailas tent at Base Camp and Kitchen & cooking crew.
14. Staff Salary and allowance: All Nepalese staffs & porter’s daily wages, equipment, food & clothing.
15.Climbing service: Group climbing fixing gears and dynamic rope during the climbing period as required.
16.Light: Necessary light at Dinning tent and Kitchen tent.
17.Climbing Sherpa: Veteran and Government Licensed Climbing Guide.
18.Climbing Sherpa Salary & Allowance: Climbing Sherpa Salary, Equipment, Food And Clothing.
19.Oxygen Bottle (O2): emergency Oxygen bottles will be in the group in case of an emergency (with appropriate charge).
20.Oxygen Mask & Regulator: 1 Set of Summit Oxygen mask will be in the group in case of an emergency.
21.Walkie-Talkie: Walkie –Talkie for communicating each others on the Mountain
22.Comprehensive Medical kit.
23.Certificate: Lobuche Peak climbing certificate issued by Nepal Mountaineering Association (after climbing the Lobuche Peak successfully).
1. Air Fare: Your International flight airfare to Kathmandu and return flight.
2. Nepal entry Visa fee: Nepali Visa fee US$ 40 per person for 30 days (to be applied for 60 days (USD$ 100)
3. Lunch & Dinner: Lunch & dinner in during the stay in Kathmandu (also in case of early return from Trekking / climbing than the scheduled itinerary).
4. Extra night in Kathmandu: Extra nights accommodation in Kathmandu. In case of early arrival or late departure, early return from Trekking / climbing (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary.
5. Insurance: Travel and high altitude insurance, accident, medical & emergency evacuation.
6. Rescue Evacuation: Medical Insurance and emergency rescue evacuation cost if required. (Rescue, Repatriation, Medication, Medical Tests and Hospitalization costs.)
7. Personal Expenses: Telephone, Internet, battery recharge, bottled or boiled water, shower, Laundry, any Alcoholic beverages, Clothing, Packing Items or Bags, Personal Medical Kit, Personal Trekking /Climbing Gears.
8. Filming: Special Filming, Camera and Drone permit fee.
9. Internet Service: Internet facility during the trek in not included.
10.Summit Bonus: Summit bonus for climbing Sherpa $300 usd. each Sherpa guide
11.Tips: Calculate some tips for trekking staffs and porters.
12.Extra: Any other services or activities, which are not mentioned in the itinerary.
Member Personal Equipment
S.No: Particular. Qty
(1) : Summit shoe La Sportiva Batura X1Pcs
(2) : Walking/ Trekking boot X1Pcs
(3) : Crampon X1Pcs
(4) : Summit Glove (Mitten) X1Pcs
(5) : Normal gloves X2Pcs
(6) : Summit Snow goggles X1Pcs
(7) : Glacier glasses X1Pcs
(8) : Ice axe X1Pcs
(9) : Harness & tapsling X1Pcs
(10) : Jumer X1Pcs
(11) : Carabiners (normal) X3Pcs
(12) : Sleeping bag (-20C) X1Pcs
(13) : Mattress X1Pcs
(14) : Summit socks X2Pcs
(15) : Normal socks X6Pcs
(16) : Trekking & Climbing bag (40 ltr) X1Pcs
(17) : Down jacket X1Pcs
(18) : 8 finger / descender X1Pcs
(19) : Headlamp (Icon or Spot) X1Pcs
(20) : Gore-tex jacket X1Pcs
(21) : Gore-tex trouser X1Pcs
(22) : Fleece jacket X1Pcs
(23) : Fleece trouser X1Pcs
(24) : Fleece liner gloves X1Pcs
(25) : Screw Gate Carabiner X1Pcs
(26) : Balaclava (windstopper) X1Pcs
(27) : Thermos bottle X 1Pcs
(28) : Base layer (woolen) X 1 (set)
(29) : Water bottle normal X 1Pcs
(30) : Sun cream X30spf
(31) : Leap Gurd X 15spf
(32) : Swise Knife X 1Pcs
Climbing Gears (manage by 14Peak Expedition)
(1) : Ice crews X 1pcs
(2) : Fix rope
(3) : snow bars
(4) : EPI gas
(5) : Rock piton
(6) : Carabiners (normal)
(7) : High tent
(8) : Summit rope
(9) : Cooking pot
(10) : Snow shovel
(12) : ice hammer / adge (set)
(13) : Member high food
(14) : Emergency Oxygen bottle and Mask & regulator
(16) : Quick Draws