The Himlung Himal is situated in the Manaslu region northeast of the Annapurna region, which is considered one of the remote corners of Nepal and Tibet border. This mountain has been becoming popular day by day to the climbers on these present days. Himlung Himal with an altitude of 7126 meters lies in the remote corner of Nepal and Tibet boarder. Previously a restricted region, Nepal Government opened the region only in 1992 by and so far only a few expedition teams including Japanese and French have summited Mount Himlung. Expedition for Himlung Himal follows Round Annapurna route to Koto and from Koto towards Nar-phu Gaon. The route passes through high peaks and passes, glaciers, remote villages, narrow gullies, forests, rocks, springs, Gompas and unique cultural settlements. The expedition also offers mysterious culture and panoramic mountain views of Nandadevi, Rajramba, Api Himal, Kappa Chuli Peak and many more. Himlung Himal isn’t of particularly difficult it is a very beautiful course of alpinism in altitude from its Base Camp to the summit. The route to Phu Gaon from Manang is newly opened and fewer tourists have visited, so far. These routes are combined with high peaks and passes, glaciers, remote villages, narrow gullies, lovely forests, amazing rock and spring formations, Gompas and unique varied cultures. Base camp will be established at the height of 4900m; which is located at the upper border of one of pastures belong to Phu. Normally three high camps will be established to reach the Summit. Camp I at the height of 5450m, Camp II at 6000m and Camp III at 6350m. Technically Mt. Himlung Himal is not so difficult. It is very beautiful mountain for alpinism in altitude from its base camp to the Summit.
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu and meet with company representative at the airport and transfer to Hotel. Welcome drink and short briefing about Expedition.
Day 02: Full day Sightseeing Trip in Kathmandu Valley like as Boudhanath Stupa, Pashupatinath Temple,
Kathmandu Durbar Square and Swoyambhunath Stupa with our well experience English Speaking Tour
Guide by private bus or jeep, Overnight in Hotel.
Day 03: Drive from Kathmandu to Besisahar (760m)
Day 04: Drive from Besisahar to Koto (2600m)
Day 05: Trek from Koto to Meta 3560m/6-7hours, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 06: Trek from Meta to Kyang 3840m/4-5hours, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 07: Trek from Kyang to Phu Gaon 3900m/3-4hours, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 08: Exploration Day in Phu Village, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 09: Trek from Phu Gaon to Himlung Himal Base Camp 4920m/4-5hours, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 10-12: Preparation for Climbing, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 13-25: Climbing Period, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 26: Trek from Base Camp to Phu Gaon 3900m/4-5hours, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 27: Trek from Phu Gaun to Meta (3560m): Camping
Day 28: Trek from Meta to Koto (2600m)
Day 30: Drive from Besisahar to Kathmandu and transfer to Hotel.
Day 29: Drive from Koto to Besisahar (760m)
Day 31: Free Day for Shopping in Kathmandu.
Day 32: Final Departure to International Airport.
- Arrival & Departure: Airport - Hotel transfers – Airport (Pick Up and Drop).
- Hotel Accommodation In Kathmandu: 4 nights hotel in Kathmandu on bed & breakfast Basis-Twin bed Room.
- Welcome Dinner: One Welcome Dinner in tourist standard restaurant in Kathmandu with Office’s Staffs.
- Cargo Clearance: International Air cargo clearance of Member Personal Luggage & Payment of Government taxes in Nepal. *before the expedtion.
- Permit: Expedition Royalty and permit of Nepal Government to climb Himlung Himal,TIMS permit, conservation entry permit & fee.
- Restricted Area permit: Permit of Naar-Phu Restricted area.
- Liaison Officer: 1 Government Liaison officer with full equipment, salary and accommodation.
- Garbage Management: Garbage Deposit fees.
- Insurance: Medical & Emergency rescue Insurance for all involved Nepalese staffs during the trek and expedition.
- Trekking and Expedition map.
- Member transportation:
Land Transportation: Kathmandu – Besisahar - Koto and while returning Koto - Besisahar - Kathmandu (by Jeep, as per itinerary)
- Expedition Stuffs Transportation: Necessary all equipment Transportation for all Members and Staffs From Kathmandu to Koto (by jeep) and to Base camp (by Porters / donkey) – While returning: Base camp to Koto (by porters / donkey) and Koto to Kathmandu (by Jeep).
- Member Luggage: Up to 60 Kg per member for personal baggage during the trek carrying by porter or Yak.
- Lodging & Fooding: Food 3 meals a day (BDL; including tea and coffee) along with accessible accommodation at Hotel/Lodge/Tea house/Camp during the trek and Basecamp. Well-managed base camp set up for member & Staffs.
- Porter: Porters per member up to Base camp from Koto & Porters return from Base camp to Koto.
- All Necessary equipment for Camping during the trek.
- Base Camp Staff: Experienced and well-trained Base camp Cook & kitchen Helpers as required.
- Staff Salary and allowance: All Nepalese staffs & porters daily wages, equipment, food & clothing.
- Base Camp Tent: Each member will have individual Yak Mountain or Kailas tent in Base Camp.
- Base Camp equipment: At Base camp: foam mattresses and pillow per member, 1 Dinning Tent, 1 Kitchen Tent, 1 Communication tent, 1 Toilet & 1 Shower Tent, 1 Staffs Tent, 1 Tent for Nepalese base camp staffs, Store tents, Tables & chairs & all necessary cooking gears.
- Heater: Heater for base camp in each Dining and other necessary camp.
- Solar/Generator/Light: 1 Solar panel or Generator for battery charge and light at base camp for use.
- High Altitude Climbing Sherpa: 1 veteran and Government Licensed per member.
- Climbing Sherpa Salary & Allowance: Climbing Sherpa Salary, Equipment, Food And Clothing.
- Oxygen Bottle (O2): Oxygen bottles will be in stock at base camp in case of an emergency (with appropiate charge).
- Oxygen Mask & Regulator: Sets of Summit Oxygen mask will be in base camp in case of an emergency.
- High camp service: High Altitude Tent, Necessary cooking EPI gas, cooking pot for member, High food for member, Sherpa, all climbing and cooking crew. (C1) (C2) (C3) . Group climbing gears, fixed and dynamic rope during the climbing period as required.
- Satellite Phone for emergency communication carrying by Sherpa, also available for members with appropriate charge.
- Walkie-Talkie: Walkie –Talkie for communicating from Base Camp to Mountain and Mountain to Base Camp.
- Permit: Satellite Phone / walkie-talkie permit for all members and staffs.
- Weather Forecast: Weather forecast report from Meteotest, Bern (Switzerland) during the entire expedition.
- Comprehensive Medical kit.
- Certificate: Mt. Himlung climbing certificate issued by MoCTCA (after climbing Himlung Himal successfully).
Note : All expedition stuffs and equipment has to be return after the expedition.
- Air Fare: International flight airfare (from and to Kathmandu).
- Nepal entry Visa fee: Nepali Visa fee US$ 40 per person for 30 days (to be applied for 60 days (USD$ 100).
- Lunch & Dinner: Lunch & dinner in during the stay in Kathmandu (also in case of early return from Trekking / Expedition than the scheduled itinerary).
- Extra night in Kathmandu: Extra nights accommodation in Kathmandu. In case of early arrival or late departure, early return from Trekking / Expedition (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary.
- Insurance: Travel and high altitude insurance, accident, medical & emergency evacuation.
- Rescue Evacuation: Medical Insurance and emergency rescue evacuation cost if required. (Rescue, Repatriation, Medication, Medical Tests and Hospitalization costs.)
- Personal Expenses: Telephone, Internet, battery recharge, bottled or boiled water, shower, Laundry, any Alcoholic beverages (during the trek and in Kathmandu but we will serve all kinds of beverages for members in base camp), also Clothing, Packing Items or Bags, Personal Medical Kit, Personal Trekking /Climbing Gears.
- Filming: Special Filming, Camera and Drone permit fee.
- Internet Service: Internet facility is not included.
- Summit Bonus: Summit bonus for climbing Sherpa $600 usd. (If company offers Full Board Services).
- Tips: Calculate some tips for Basecamp staffs.
- Extra: Any other services or activities, which are not mentioned in the itinerary.
- Our Company’s Service will be "Zero" above Base Camp (If company offers just Base Camp services)
- Any other item not listed in “Cost Includes” section.
Member Personal Equipment
S/No: Particular. Qty
(1). : Down suits (dangri) 1
(2) : Summit shoe La Sportiva Olympus monts Evo 1
(3) : Walking/ Hikking shoe 1 & Trekking boot 1
(4) : Crampon 1
(5) : Summit Glove (Mitten) 1
(6) : Normal gloves 2
(7) : Summit Snow goggles 1
(8) : Glacier glasses 1
(9) : Ice axe 1
(10) : Harness & tapsling 1
(11) : Jumer 1
(12) : Carabiners (normal) 3
(13) : Sleeping bag (-40C) 1
(14) : Down filled Mattress 1
(15) : Summit socks 2
(16) : Normal socks 6
(17) : Climbing bag (40 ltr) 1
(18) : Helmet 1
(19) : Down jacket 1
(20) : Down trouser 1
(21) : 8 finger / descender 1
(22) : Headlamp (Icon or Spot) 1
(23) : Gore-tex jacket 1
(24) : Gore-tex trouser 1
(25) : Fleece jacket 3
(26) : Fleece trouser 2
(27) : Fleece liner gloves 3
(28) : Screw Gate Carabiner 2
(29) : Balaclava (windstopper) 1
(30) : Thermos bottle 1
(31) : Base layer (woolen) 2 (set)
(32) : Water bottle normal 1
(33) : Sun cream 50spf
(34) : Leap Gurd 30spf
(35) : Swise Knife 1
Climbing Gears wich is Company will manage for the team
(1) : Ice crews 1
(2) : Fix rope
(3) : snow bars
(4) : EPI gas
(5) : Rock piton
(6) : Carabiners (normal)
(7) : High tent
(8) : Summit rope
(9) : Cooking pot
(10) : Snow shovel
(12) : ce hammer / adge (set)
(13) : Member high food
(14) : Oxygen bottle (O2)
(15) : Oxygen Mask & regulator
(16) : Quick Draws